Gibanje za dostojno delo in socialno družbo (Movement for Decent Work and Welfare Society) is a non-governmental organization, which is an active member of Slovenian civil society. Movement unites people with a critical point of view on contemporary Slovenian labour politics who are ready not only to criticise the failures of such politics, but also to provide constructive suggestions that might help to change or improve them.
Movement for Decent Work and Welfare Society was founded in 2010 in Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia, as an organization that would act primarily in the areas of labour market and welfare state and society. In its almost 7 years of existence the organization has managed to organize many round tables and workshops, which were aimed to help people to deal with unemployment in Slovenia, as well as several public campaigns dedicated to labour issues and precarity. The organization informs general public about labour rights, as well as follows the personal stories of precarious workers.
Movement closely collaborates with Slovenian scholars and experts on the respective matters. Moreover, the members of Movement prepare written contributions, in which they discuss the modern labour problems, which Slovenian workers face with, comment the decisions of the government and ammendments to legislation. These contributions are monthly published on the Movement’s website and Facebook page. Apart of it, the members of Movement are constantly educating themselves about labour legislation and other legal matters related to labour market, as well as about the sociological, historical, psychological, and other theories of precarious work in order to determine its specific problems and articulate solutions to them.
Our main goals:
- Decent work;
- Decent and more prosperous society;
- Change of outdated approaches of the governing elites;
- Encouragement of others;
- Integration and dialogue;
- Freedom of speech.
Our main activities:
- National conference on the issues of precarity (held annually in November);
- Annual summer camp “Pogum za spremembe” (Courage to change);
- Participation in the projects connected with the precariat and vulnerable situation on labour market;
- Organization and participation in protests;
- Meetings with Slovenian precarious workers;
- Organization of workshops, lectures, and round tables;
- International projects (EVS).
Gibanje za dostojno delo in socialno družbo
1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia